Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tour de Cure 2009


I know, I know..it has been a while! I am sorry! I don't feel as if I ever have 2 hands free to type but my little lovey is taking a nap so here I am!! It has been a long few weeks....Kaia had the puke bug (which I wore!!) and had her first bad fall! My poor little thing looks like one hot mess! She has a huge egg/bruise on her forehead and her cheek along with a rash that she got after being sick. Thank God for our pediatrician...he keeps me sane!! She wasn't eating but I am proud to say that she ate an entire cup of applesauce, so what if I had to sing to her the whole time to distract her!!

We have been on 2 camping trips over the past few weeks...having fun breaking in the camper! Next month we are camping in Freeport Maine and then on the Cape in August!Last weekend we participated in the Tour de Cure, a bike ride for the American Diabetes Association. The day didn't start out very good, it was pouring when we got up but the sun came out just in time for us to start our ride. I wish I could say the same for my Dad and my uncle! They started earlier because they were doing longer rides. I am proud to say that we finished the 15 mile, doesn't sound like much but my legs were aching at the end!! I guess it would have helped to train more than 2 times!! My Uncle Paul completed the 100 mile ride which is actually nothing for him since he is about to embark on a ride across the US this summer! Good luck and be safe!! My Dad had ambitions to complete the 60 mile but God had other plans in store for him. Poor guy started out in the rain but got behind because of a flat tire. Once that was fixed, the other tire went!! At least they were both fixed in time for him to ride with us...and he beat me by a while!! Hopefully our efforts will help find a cure for my BFF Anna!! Thanks for arranging our team!! I should start training now for next year!! Here is a picture of most of our team members and all of our family who came to cheer us on!! I have some Kaia pics but I have to upload them. Soon, I promise!!

Kaia is exactly 1.5 months away from being 1!! I can't believe how fast this year has gone by. We are busy planning her party and getting ready to bring home the new pup!! Miss Sadie is growing like a weed too. Her cheeks are huge (but so cute!!) and she talks and laughs now. How time flies!!

No comments: