Saturday, August 23, 2008

Parenthood

First, congratulations to my cousin Jenn and her husband Jay on the birth of their adorable daughter Brienna! We are so happy for you guys!!

We have been parents for 3 whole weeks now! Crazy! People tell you how hard it is but I don't think you can fully understand until you experience it yourself. What no one told me was how much it would change my feelings for my husband. I have always loved him, more than anything, but seeing him in daddy mode with the baby that we made together has opened up a whole new type of feeling. He is amazing and now I find myself worrying not only for my daughter, but my husband too! I worry if he is getting enough sleep and how he is adjusting to our new roles. I want to make sure he still feels important and knows how much I love him! I don't think anyone ever told me about this change!!

Since I write this blog....thank you honey for all your help and I look forward to raising our beautiful daughter together! I love you!!

And thank you everyone for all your help as well. We are so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends! Bye for now!

1 comment:

Jenifer said...

Awww... that's really sweet.

I know what you mean too... I had seen Gene as a "Dad" to his two boys, but they were 9 and 13 when we got together. It was an entirely different experience to see him parent a BABY. And OUR baby. I still love to watch him interact with the kids.... Just wait until the first time you witness Kaia say "I love you, Daddy."